sendmail 8.13.x?

Christopher Murtagh christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 23 17:46:53 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 19:31, D.B. Koch wrote:
> Thanks Chris. Are there instructions on what to do with the
> /etc/alternatives/mta-xxx directory entries? Is it as simple as changing
> everything to *.postfix?

No, I think the /etc/alternatives directory is for when you run the
redhat-switchmail (/usr/sbin/redhat-switchmail on YDL 3 machines). First
check to see if you have Postfix installed (rpm -qa | grep postfix), if
so, then try running red-switchmail. It should switch your mta to
postfix I believe.

 I don't remember if I simply un-installed Sendmail and then installed
Postfix or not. Try a google search for 'switching from sendmail to
postfix'. It shouldn't be too hard of a switch at all. It's been a while
since I've done it, but it went really smoothly for me.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher Murtagh