What is blocking port 80?

Cameron Roe[home] camroe at telusplanet.net
Fri Sep 24 10:22:50 MDT 2004

 Hi All,

I am so PO'd. It turns out that Telus (my ISP) is 'upgrading security' and
as part of that process has decided to block port 80.  Last week when I
called, they said they weren't blocking, now they are, ergo, nothing
happening on port 80 from external sources. AAAARRRGGGGGG!
Thanks Bill and Dave for all the advise - I learned tons so was not a total
waste but now I owe beer. :)

Cheers

Cam

PS. Next - iptables!