SAMBA disk recommendations for a YDL G4

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Tue Sep 28 15:03:33 MDT 2004

Ken,

Be careful if you install a bunch of drives internal to the G4 chasis
that you don't overload the machine's power supply.

You may want to look at putting drives in an external powered chasis for
this reason.  There are some interesting boxes on the market that take a
bunch of (relatively) cheap IDE drives and RAID them, then talk to a
SCSI interface - looking like a single huge (logical) disk to the host computer.

Rick