D acceleration on a Powerbook G3 Pismo [was Re: YDL 4.0 no Network]

Felix Jodoin felixj at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 6 18:41:01 MDT 2005

Yup, sure!
I'm here when I am, but mostly stalking in the shadows :O! Actually, I think I made a new post about this just when the topic came out, which has clearer instructions for newbs. It is at: Huh? Oh, it's not at. It is gone. Well, I must've clicked cancel instead of send then.. Hehehehe. Anyway, this assumes your system is up to date and running with kernel 2.6.9. Make sure that the XF86Config file (the one in the post I'm replying to) is in your home directory, and away we go:

If you are using a graphical login screen:
switch to a graphical terminal (CTL-ALT-FN-F2) and login as root.
1) Type in:
pico /etc/yaboot.conf
Find the line that says append=rhgb quiet, and delete it. Hit CTL-X and save it. Then, type /usr/sbin/ybin
2) Type in:
cd /etc/X11 && cp XF86Config XF86Config.bak && cp /home/yourusername/XF86Config .
3) Restart your computer.

If you are using a non-GUI startup and login, just remove the first step.

Hope that tutorial was a bit more helpful!
-Felix J

-Felix