Zoom USB Modem

Dean Loros autocrosser at macdialup.com
Fri Apr 8 08:10:29 MDT 2005

Thank You Steve--
Found the problem---

On Apr 4, 2005, at 8:15 AM, Steven Didier wrote:

> Do you have USB converters compiled in your kernel? Generic, Belkin,
> etc

Checked the kernel--USB2 support was not set-up (stock kernel)--I'm
using a G4 "Windtunnel" & the motherboard USB & the Belkin card in PCI
slot#2 are both USB2--I re-compiled the kernel & changed several things
including this area--rebooted & "surprise"--the modem was found--I had
set-up the WVdial conf file prior--I just used the System Network panel
to make the device active--it dialed out at once--All is now well

I also removed support for the ADB devices that I won't
use/need--getting a hid mouse error during boot--using a Kensington
Orbit & not having any problems using its buttons--any ideas?
Suggestions as to what else I could remove support for? I do not use
joysticks-etc-

Thanks!!
Dean

> On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:19:41 -0700, Dean Loros wrote:
>> Got any tricks for it?? I can't seem to get it all together--should
>> it be /dev/usb/ttyACM0 or ??

Dean Loros
autocrosser at macdialup.com
performbdesign at macdialup.com