Ok I give up...

Dylan dylan at dylwaritsolutions.com
Tue Apr 26 10:24:25 MDT 2005

I made a big mistake.  I was trying to update rpm to 4.2.2 (why?? long
story...) on YDL 3.0.  I met all the dependencies (so I thought...) and
then installed the RPMs.  Now when I use RPM, I get the error:

    rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libelf.so.1: cannot open

I know I have to update elfutils.  The problem is that all of the
versions of elfutils that I can use can only be found as an RPM.  Has
this ever happened to anyone?  If it did, would you, please, advise me
of how to get out of it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dylan