"Piping" decoded audio output from one app to the input "file" of another

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:28:41 MDT 2005

Short answer: Yes, just use a pipe (|) to do it

Long answer: Don't bother, just recompile LAME with Ogg input support
- its either an official compile option or theres a patch for it.
oggdec is slow (not that LAME doing it will be majorly), and there is
a possibility of pipe-starvation, where LAME could be running faster
than oggdec, and there wouldn't be any file to encode from...

Cian