"Piping" decoded audio output from one app to the input "file" of another

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:19:18 MDT 2005

Further to my question on sending files from one app to another...

What I do is download an .ogg stream using wget and stop the download
by killall wget. I'd like to write the name of the file that wget is
creating to a log file and then use another shell script to read the
file name from the log, and, perhaps delete the file name from that
log once processed (i.e. re-write the log-file without the name in
it).

Any ideas? Using grep I imagine but I've not got very far in the
output phase of things (how to write/append a script variable to a
text file is my first challenge).

Thanks, Eric.