JOB POSTING: Application Evangelist

Owen Stampflee ostampflee at terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 1 13:11:21 MDT 2005

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Kai Staats <kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com>
To: Owen Stampflee <ostampflee at terrasoftsolutions.com>
Cc: Ben Ratliff <bratliff at terrasoftsolutions.com>
Subject: app evangelist
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:45:33 -0600

Owen,

We need to hire an "application evangelist" whose job it is to update our 3rd
Party Apps db with every opensource and commercial app he/she can find. I
will take a first stab at the job desc as follows:

   Title: Application Evangelist
   Time: ~6-10 hrs per week (see closing statement)
   Pay: TBD
      a) Maintain the public 3rd Party Apps db on Terra Soft's site. This
requires an understanding of and experience with command line and phpMyAdmin
manipulation of MySQL databases and some PHP.

      b) Locate and validate open-source and commercial applications available
for Yellow Dog Linux and Y-HPC. This requires an active participation in
lists, forums, and on-line research as well as validation and updates to
current db entries on a routine basis.

      c) Seek opportunities to engage open-source and commercial applications
authors/OEMs and help present business case incentives to bring given
applications to the Yellow Dog Linux / Y-HPC platforms. Assistance from other
Terra Soft staff member(s) will be provided for this portion of the job.

This job is essential to the perceived value of Terra Soft's offerings and
must be conducted in a professional, complete manner. This position may grow
to full time as its intrinsic value increases.

!DSPAM:42ee6012123664385915841!