All right, put it this way (was Re: Can FC4.ppc ...)

Joseph E. Sacco, PhD joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 07:04:21 MDT 2005

Sounds like you need to:

(1) edit /etc/yaboot.conf to support booting from a CD
(2) run /sbin/ybin -v to re-install the yaboot loader to the bootstrap
partition.

Here is an example of yaboot.conf:

        # yaboot.conf generated by anaconda

        boot=/dev/sdb2
        #ofboot=/dev/sdb2
        init-message="Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux! Hit <TAB> for boot options."
        partition=4
        timeout=30
        install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
        magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
        delay=10
        enablecdboot
        macosx=sdc:6

        image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.10-1.ydl.1smp
                label=linux-ydl
                read-only
                initrd=/boot/initrd-2.6.10-1.ydl.1smp.img
                root=/dev/sdb4
                append="rhgb quiet"

In this example:
* booting from a CD has been enabled
* OSX is installed on SCSI disk C, slice 6
* YDL-4.0.1 is installed on SCSI disk B, slice 4

After editing/correcting your /etc/yaboot.conf file,
run as root:

	/sbin/ybin -v

Use the "-v" flag [verbose] to how things are "blessed".

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net