All right, put it this way (was Re: Can FC4.ppc ...)

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 7 19:03:57 MDT 2005

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:18:35 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, PhD wrote:

> If you have not made any odd changes to /etc/yaboot.conf, you may only
> need to run as root:
>
> 	/sbin/ybin -v
>
> to restore the boot partition, which can get trashed.
>
> Once this has been, you should be presented with a menu of choices then
> the system boots:
>
> l -- linux
> c -- cdrom
> x -- osx   <=== if it's in /etc/yaboot.conf
>

> If yaboot is working correctly, you will not have to hold down the "c"
> key as you would on a system that has only a MAC OS. Just hit the c key
> when the menu appears.

I got this :

[root at localhost root]# /sbin/ybin -v
ybin: Finding OpenFirmware device path to `/dev/hda2'...
ybin: Installing first stage bootstrap /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot onto
/dev/hda2...
ybin: Installing primary bootstrap /usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot onto
/dev/hda2...
ybin: Installing /etc/yaboot.conf onto /dev/hda2...
ybin: Setting attributes on ofboot...
ybin: Setting attributes on yaboot...
ybin: Setting attributes on yaboot.conf...
ybin: Blessing /dev/hda2 with Holy Penguin Pee...
ybin: Updating OpenFirmware boot-device variable in nvram...
[root at localhost root]#

So should I try the blasted CDs yet again??

Btw, is that line "Blessing /dev/hda2 with Holy Penguin Pee..." a form of
electronic baptism??

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
No one can ever have enough books, pockets, friends,