All right, put it this way (was Re: Can FC4.ppc ...)

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 8 10:49:58 MDT 2005

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:29:59 -0400, Joseph E. Sacco, PhD wrote:

> (1) reboot and see what you see

Well, it made a spinning noise with the cd drive. But it wouldn't boot
from a cd, with or without the option key held down.

Oddly enough, it also denies the wireless connection it was using happily
yesterday ...

> (2) "Holy Penguin Pee"
> Thought it would amuse you. More "little boy" humor...

It did, thanks. Is the term "bless" standard in some sense in computerese?
That interests me as a linguist; I hadn't encountered it before.

I've tried to make extra sure this doesn't go to the list this time ...

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
No one can ever have enough books, pockets, friends,