VVDQ : default to Gnome in 4.0??

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 10 14:03:38 MDT 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 07:47:18 -0700, Norberto Quintanar wrote:

> Do you have a desktop in
> usr/bin?  If yes, what does it contain?

Here's what I get :

[root at localhost root]# ls /usr/bin | grep desktop
desktop-file-install
desktop-file-validate
desktop-menu-tool
gnome-desktop-item-edit
kdesktop
kdesktop_lock
kwebdesktop
rdesktop
[root at localhost root]#

The file command tells me the first five and the last are ELF 32-bit MSB
executables, whatever those are; so how do I look at what they contain??
(The only editors I know are pico and nano; I wouldn't know what a line of
code meant if it bit me, and would be lucky to spot it as code at all.)

I do have my sneaking suspicions about that sixth one; but more likely it
just locks the display and demands a password, right?  I have no idea at
all about rdesktop.

Or have I looked wrong and missed something? Or does the above tell you
something is missing??

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;