iBook G3 (2001) Video issues

Woodruff, Jordan M jordan.m.woodruff at ttu.edu
Mon Aug 15 01:34:33 MDT 2005

Hello,

   After spending the last few days in utter frustration I have decided to ask for some knowledge. I've been trying to get my video drivers to work correctly. I'mhaving problems with a bleeding screen, and I've been unable to fix it. I've tried many times to change resolution and refresh rate for the video driver with no luck. X11 will not start, and the only work around I've discovered is using fbset to change resolution. Is there a secret trick to getting the video card to use another resolution? I'm using yaboot to pass the follow argument to allow for boot.
--arg--
video=atyfb:vmode:10,cmode:24
--endarg--

I can boot fine with the ofonly option, but I've run out of options here. I know the card should work correctly because I can boot at lower resolutions with gentoo. Any ideas, or tips would be helpful.

Jordan

iBook G3 (2001)
500Mhz
ATI Rage Mobility 128