"Woodruff, Jordan M" <jordan.m.woodruff@ttu.edu>

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 05:38:22 MDT 2005

--- "Woodruff, Jordan M" <jordan.m.woodruff at ttu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    After spending the last few days in utter frustration I have
> decided to ask for some knowledge. I've been trying to get my video
> drivers to work correctly. I'mhaving problems with a bleeding
> screen, and I've been unable to fix it. I've tried many times to
> change resolution and refresh rate for the video driver with no
> luck. X11 will not start, and the only work around I've discovered
> is using fbset to change resolution. Is there a secret trick to
> getting the video card to use another resolution? I'm using yaboot
> to pass the follow argument to allow for boot.
> --arg--
> video=atyfb:vmode:10,cmode:24
> --endarg--
>
> I can boot fine with the ofonly option, but I've run out of options
> here. I know the card should work correctly because I can boot at
> lower resolutions with gentoo. Any ideas, or tips would be helpful.
>
> Jordan
>
> iBook G3 (2001)
> 500Mhz
> ATI Rage Mobility 128
<http://lists.yellowdoglinux.com/yellowdog-general/January01/0086.html>

--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar