[ydl-gen] Re: HFS+ mount is read only -- how to make RW? (YDL 4.0.1)

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 21:47:52 MST 2005

Hmm. Not good, but, maybe there's hope.

Ok, I ain't no expert on partitions but shouldn't you have a number to
go along with your sdb?

In your case, you're on the SCSI bus (right?) and are on the second
drive (ergo b). Take a look at your partition table using pdisk
(/sbin/pdisk -l /dev/sdb). What does it say?

In my case my drive resides at hdc and the relevant HFS+ partition is
#7. So my mount command would be:

mount /dev/hdc7 /mnt/macosx -t hfsplus

So for you it would be something like:
mount /dev/sdb# /mnt/macos -t hfsplus

I would strongly recommend that you do things read-only until you've
got the problem licked:

mount/dev/sdb# /mnt/macos -r -thfsplus (NOTE: the space doesn't make a
difference)

Also, /mnt/whatever is merely your "mount point". You have a "real"
directory (/mnt/whatever) on your drive and you reference another
volume to that mount point when you mount the other volume.

Thus, doing hpmount /mnt/macos would do nothing.

PS I'm guessing that hpmount didn't like the fact that you referenced
your _whole_ drive.

Good luck.

Eric.