[ydl-gen] prob mounting an external fw ext2 partition

Une bévue yvon.thor at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 04:22:37 MST 2005

Hey all,

i have an external firewire with, for the time being, three partitions :

hfs+ (i don't want to see it from ydl)
fat32 (allready ok)
ext2 done under mac os x using pdisk

pdisk line related to the latest :
10:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 bup                   21223792 @ 2224808   ( 10.1G) S2  UFS k0  /usr

/etc/fstab :
/dev/sdb10              /mnt/bup                ext2    defaults,noauto        $

when i want to mount this partition i get the following error message :
$ sudo mount -t ext2 /dev/sdb10 /mnt/bup
mount: type de sys. de fichiers erroné, option erronée, super bloc erroné
sur /dev/sdb10,
       ou trop de systèmes de fichiers montés

(too much fs mounted,  erroneous fs,  erroneous super block)

also i'm unable to find pdisk on my ydl 4.0.1 even if yum says it's allready installed.

what is the formatting utility within ydl ?

because i want to change this  /dev/sdb10 from ext2 to ext3

the purpose of this extra partition is to backup all of my /home.

best,

une bévue
--
Une bévue