[ydl-gen] scsi device boot error

Richard Rudolph richrsvcn at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 22:52:17 MST 2005

Hello,

I've been running 4.0.1 on my 800 MHz PowerBook for
sometime without incident.  The other night, the boot
process hung while at the probing for new hardware
stage.  The boot process wouldn't continue so I was
forced to power off.

When I try to reboot, after verifying the integrity of
the filesystem (verifys OK), the boot process returns
the following error:

<3> badness in scsi_device_set_state at
drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c:1717

This error message is returned multiple times and the
boot process won't continue.  Is there a way for me to
fix this or is it possible to bypass this part of the
boot process?

Thanks!
Richard