[ydl-gen] prob mounting an external fw ext2 partition

Une bévue yvon.thor at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 13:34:41 MST 2005

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:08:31 -0500
Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

> http://babelfish.altavista.com

regarding the error messages, that's "so-so' ;-)
type de système de fichiers erroné :
type of erroneous filing system (babelfish)

better, in my opinion :
erroneous type of file system

> Ok.  Now that is out of the way.  There are two links I hope you will
> consider reviewing which discuss in detail the differences (complete
> with reference links) between the BSD version of pdisk, the Linux
> version of pdisk and Apple's Disk Utility/Partition program.  The
> nuances are important.  The references in these pages may explain some
> of the errors you are seeing and clarify further limitations in using
> one tool versus another for partitioning purposes.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/partitioning.html
>
> http://www.hmug.org/man/8/pdisk.php
>
> The installation guide for YDL 4.0 discussing partitioning is found
> here:
>
> http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/
>
> (snip)

in fact the firewire disk i'm using as three partitions :
hfs+ clone of internal MacOS X partition
fat32 for file exchange between MacOS X and linux
ext3 some kind of temporary backup (/home) to let me try out differnt linux distro

> (snip)

for sure, i'm using for *** real *** backups cd/dvd.

thanks a lot for your long answer.

best