Fedora PPC RPM repo?

Steven J. Norton sjnorton at okno.com
Wed Feb 2 12:27:03 MST 2005

All --

This may speak to an issue I'm having: I've got YDL 3 on an Old World G3
that is currently serving (temporarily) as the production server for a
couple of web sites. Thus, I'm not in a hurry to try drastic upgrades. But
what is the best way to find a ppc RPM of the latest version of PHP
(4.3.10)? [This was an important security update.]

The Fedora PPC development repository has v5 (jumps a level), and the
version that apparently shipped with YDL4 is 4.3.8. The Fedora project has a
source RPM for 4.3.10, but I'm a bit nervous compiling it on my own,
especially for use on a live server. [PHP.net offers source, but not in RPM
format -- even scarier.] Is this something Matthias would be willing to do?
What are my options?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

  -- Steve Norton

Steven J. Norton           e-mail: sjnorton at okno.com
Okno Group                 tel: +1-734-995-5934
1217 Olivia Avenue         fax: +1-734-995-6349
Ann Arbor, MI 48104 USA    http://www.okno.com/