Updating YDL 3.0

mascarasnake dontdrill at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 8 14:42:13 MST 2005

Hey A. -

Arnór Kristjánsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Once upon a time I installed YDL 3.0 on an aging B/W G3. The machine has
> been running happily for a few years running http, ftp and one custom app.
>
> I was under the impression that I could update the system with yum or
> apt, but somehow that doesn't work.
>
> My yum.conf file looks like its the default one, but somehow there are
> no actions taken, even after years of no updates....I'm getting pretty
> scared that the ftp server is "leaking".
>
> Is this normal?  Can I update to 3.0.1 via yum/apt?
>
> A.

You should be able to update to 3.0.1 by adding:
	[updates301]
	name=Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1 updates
	baseurl=ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/ydl/yum/3.0.1/update/
to your 'yum.conf' file (or use a comparable mirror). Then run:
	yum update
and it should update all. After you've done the update, you can delete
or comment out that suppository, as it only contains the kernel/mol/X
updates.

cheers, g'luck and all that stuff

--
     It's what you make it man