Kernel upgrade problem

Anthony Lanni anthony.lanni at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:29:27 MST 2005

       Yeah, word is 4.0.1 is a great improvement (thanks Owen, et.
al); I've checked the mirrors, and even the primary yellowdoglinux.com
repositories don't have it yet.  Oh, well, I'll twiddle my thumbs
until it appears; 4.0 seems fine for now.

        As for the sound issues, I added the lines monkey listed in
the "ALSA Problemo" thread to my modprobe.conf file, and I'm going to
reboot and try them out as soon as I finish downloading firefox and
thunderbird from the freshrpms 3.0 repository.  (I'm assuming they
will work ok; why isn't firefox 1.0 in the 4.0 world yet?  I guess
I'll have to build it myself...)

       Ah, anyway, back on the subject; I'm using gnome.  It's what
I'm used to at work, and after exploring KDE when I first logged in, I
think they're pretty similar user-interface wise; just some
specialized menu items under KDE that I don't think I need anyway.

       Did I just start a religious debate?  ;-)