Its not 'multi tasking' anymore? LONG

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 19:19:58 MST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:17:48 +0000, Cian Duffy <myob87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > mouse-emulation,atd, iptables,
>
> You need these

Do you need mouse-emulation if you have a four button Kensington
TurboMouse ADB (on a Beige G3) and have a strong hatred for using
F10-F12 as "alternate" mouse keys (I'm also a strong proponent of the
use of multi-button mice and would like to see an Apple laptop with a
second mouse button, and a scroll wheel at the very least (the new
track pad is a step in the right direction))?

> > sshd, ip6tables,
>
> Unless you ssh in or use IPV6, you don't need these

Presumably IPV6 wouldn't be used on a generic (NetGear 614)
802.11b/ethernet router that itself does the hard work of connecting
to the web through ADSL?

> > random, spamassassin,
>
> I guess the first is the entropy gatherer for ssh, the latter is up to you.

Why would spamassassin be installed _and_ active on a machine that
isn't configured as an external mail server?

Eric.