Its not 'multi tasking' anymore? LONG

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Mon Feb 14 11:05:44 MST 2005

On Monday, February 14, 2005, at 08:35 AM, Andrew wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 01:00, Rick Thomas wrote:
>
>> How much RAM does this machine have?
> 320MB
>>
>> Have you tried installing more RAM?
> I will eventually do.

I's say that 320 MB is enough for what you seem to want to do,
though 512 MB would be "very comfortable" given the recently
mentioned "bloat" that occurred between YDL 3.01 and 4.1 .

I'm guessing that your problem isn't swapping.  Try turning off
spamassassin and see what happens.  You don't need it for what you
want to do, and it's a very resource-intensive program.

Enjoy!

Rick