FireFox

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:27:22 MST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:00:19 -0500, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D.
<joseph_sacco@> wrote:
>  YDL_4 is a FC2 clone so it provides mozilla-1.7.3 rather than firefox.
>
> The code factory version is version 1.0, which runs fine. This version
> was built on a debian system with static rather than shared libraries,
> which is why it is portable. Keep that in mind when you explore rpms
> from other distros.
>
> Fedora's FC3 has source for version 1.0-8 if you want to try rolling
> your own.  Be advised that building firefox takes an amount of time that
> is slightly less than the age of the universe.

Well, we'll see whether the universe will out-last my G3/266 :).
Besides, "rolling my own" sounds slightly rebellious, and, given that
pot's being decriminalised here in Canada perhaps I ought to give it a
try (how strange a situation a situation for our neighbours to the
south if they happen to live near the border... in minutes they could
be in a country where, if they're gay they could marry at will &
receive all the rights and responsibilities that accrue to the
married, or smoke pot without fear of persecution and prosecution or
both). Ah well, c'est la vie. Time and pot will mellow attitudes ;-P.

Eric.