Powermac G5 fan speed

Keith Mitchell kamitch at cisco.com
Tue Feb 15 13:47:09 MST 2005

Hi,

I just got a brand new Powermac G5 1.8ghz (single) and see what appears
to be the fan speed problem that is supposedly fixed in the 2.6.9
kernel.  I installed the 4.0 distro and then did a 'yum update' to
install all of the updated packages updated yaboot and rebooted... and
the fans are still loud and running constantly.  I did verify (ala
looking at the boot messages and the uname command that it is indeed
running the 2.6.9 kernel).  If I boot OSX on this machine I dont think
the fans even come on.

Like I said above this is a brand new machine... it is running firmware
5.2.2f2.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Keith Mitchell