Default session, sound in KDE w. Maelstrom

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:59:08 MST 2005

GNOME uses/used esd, KDE uses arts. In 4.0, KDE sound in general was
damaged, you can see this by trying to test the sound from
ControlCenter under KDE - you'll get white noise. The upgrade to 4.01
should fix this problem as it'll include a new kde sound system.

IIRC gdm logs you into what you used last as your default session... I
use GNOME and always GNOME, so I've never strayed off for long enough
to notice

Cian