Default session, sound in KDE w. Maelstrom

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Fri Feb 18 18:50:42 MST 2005

I've installed YDL 4.0 and chose KDE as my system default session but
also installed Gnome. For some reason I'm getting sound with Maelstrom
under Gnome but not KDE. I'd like to
a.) get the sound to work under KDE as well as Gnome.
b.) figure out how to change my system default session from KDE to Gnome.

note: System Settings/soundcard detection finds and plays the test sound
under both KDE and Gnome.

--
clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village, MA

-=-=-
... Taglines: the restroom wall of BBS'ing