Would you buy cpanel and whm if we made it for YellowDog Linux?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 12:20:45 MST 2005

Ah yes, CPanel and WHM are premium server management utilities, WHM
lets you manage all aspects of your server, from mail, apache and ftp,
to what boots up, it also lets you create hosting accounts and put
quotas for users, then cpanel lets your clients easily manage their
own cron jobs, databases, subdomains, domains, ftp accounts, comes
with a file manager, check server status and much much more there's
plenty more features, so many I can't list them here so check out
cpanel.net for more info - this would benefit those of you who are
running a hosting business with yellowdog linux because its user
friendly interface and general ease of use without sacrificing
features makes any normal chore a webmaster has to do a snap, it's
even perfect for those who are just hosting their own site on their
own yellowdog linux server because it makes managing the site and all
the aspects of the server a snap with its intuitive interface, so who
here would purchase cpanel/whm (both comes together as a package)?

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:05:16 -0600, Clinton MacDonald
<clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Mr. Star:
>
> Hex Star wrote:
> > Hello, we at CPanel are considering creating cpanel and
> > whm for YellowDog Linux but would like to make sure first
> > that people will actually buy it, so if we make it for
> > the latest version of YellowDog Linux (currently 4.0.1)
> > will any of you guys purchase it?
>
> I am in favor of quality software for YDL, if only on principle!
> However, maybe before you start tallying votes, you should make a
> stronger pitch for CPanel: what is it? What does it do? How much might
> it cost? How will it benefit Yellow Dog Linux users better than its
> competitors (if it has any)?
>
> Also, you might consider contacting Terra Soft directly. They have many
> more users -- especially corporate users -- than are represented on
> these mailing lists. They might be able to put you in touch with those
> users.
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint
>
> --
> Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT net>

my website: http://www.johnscompany.net, premium hosting and much much
more coming soon so check back often...the topsites and guestbook is
back! check out johnscompany.net for more info