Would you buy cpanel and whm if we made it for YellowDog Linux?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 12:23:44 MST 2005

You can rest assured that cpanel and whm is actively maintained and
always will be, we will always fix exploits and other bugs either by a
publicly released patch or a fix in the next release

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:14:43 +0200 (EET), Atro Tossavainen
<atro.tossavainen+ydl at helsinki.fi> wrote:
> > From: Hex Star <hexstar at gmail.com>
>
> That's really credible.
>
> > Hello, we at CPanel are considering creating cpanel and whm for
> > YellowDog Linux but would like to make sure first that people will
> > actually buy it, so if we make it for the latest version of YellowDog
> > Linux (currently 4.0.1) will any of you guys purchase it?
>
> This is great news.  Folks running web services on PPC would no longer
> be exempt from having their computers taken over by security problems
> in this software.  A google search for "cpanel vulnerability" finds
> at least two separate issues, one from Mar 2004, one from Oct 2004.
>
> I don't see a section on vulnerabilities discovered in the product
> and their fixes on www.cpanel.net.  Do you believe that if you don't
> tell the world about them, they don't exist?
>
> (I'm not in your target group.  I don't run web services on YDL and
>  I wouldn't use cpanel or any other such product for management on
>  any other platform I run web services on anyway.)
>
> --
> Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
> Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
> +358-9-19158939  UNIX Dinosaur     / employs me, but my opinions are my own.

my website: http://www.johnscompany.net, premium hosting and much much
more coming soon so check back often...the topsites and guestbook is
back! check out johnscompany.net for more info