Griffin iMic with YDL 401?

Owen Stampflee ostampflee at terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 20 19:36:11 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 18:28, John M. Wright wrote:
> I was pleased to see that support for the Griffin iMic
> USB audio device was listed in the new features for
> YDL 4.0.1; however, I have so far been unable to get
> this to work.  The device is recognized when I plug it
> into the USB port, and shows up in KMix and the Gnome
> mixer, but not in the alsamixer.  It can be selected
> in those two mixers or in the Audacity preferences,
> but doesn't work with any of KRec, the Gnome Sound Recorder,
> or Audacity (either the 1.2.2 version from FreshRPMS
> or the 1.2.3 version compiled from souce).  I just found
> a (new?) howto on the YDL support pages, that calls
> (assuming that "modprove" is a typo for "modprobe") for
> doesn't exist in the stock YDL 2.6.10 kernel, and I can't
> find it anywhere in the kernel configuration menus.  As
> near as I can tell from the linux/sound/core/Kconfig file,
> it is a module that is only applicable to kernels for
> 64 bit processors.
Yes, that howto should have never gone live... I didnt post it although
I did write it. It was taken out of context.

I have tested sound recording with the iMic, but try to remove
snd-powermac from /etc/modprobe.conf and rebooting so it's just using
the iMic and I'm gonna guess you'll have better success that way.