YDL install problems on a B&W G3

John Knight john.johnknight at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:26:46 MST 2005

I wasted a week trying to install on three different rev a bondi imacs. I tried
to install ydl 4.0, ubuntu, and knoppix. I could not get imacs to register the
"c" on boot up. The frustrating thing was a couple of times the imac did
see the cd and boot up.On other occasions, I was able to get into the
forth interpreter but didn't know what to do from there. Since I do
not have access
to the apple and do not know how to upgrade the firmware, I have given up.
It would have been nice :=(

This is my first experience with apple hw and I am not used to having a computer
be persnickety about booting from a boot device.  I must say I have a very bad
impression of apple now. I had heard such good things about high quality hw.