Yum & Package Installer Question

Dean Loros autocrosser at macdialup.com
Sun Feb 27 11:34:00 MST 2005

Hi Everyone---
I'm a fairly new YD user--live out far away from DSL capability--I'm
waiting for a modem that will work with my system (anyone have a
Diamond Supra Express SUP#2780 or linux-capable USB 56K Modem??).
Anyway (pardon the adblurp), Two questions--

1. Creating a Yum repository--I've been trying to set one up from the
.iso disks--took forever to download at 56K--can't seem to point yum at
the rpm's--yum.conf looks like this--

[os]
name=YellowDog Linux 4.0 os
baseurl=file:///tmp/yum/yellowdog-4.0/base

this was added before the http address area--yum just comes back
with--several errors & can't find the file server--I yum-arch(ed) in
the base file area to create a header file--

2. Package installer--I try to run the package installer program to
install what I didn't install & it works for a period of time--gets to
the install phase & asks for YDL 4.0 disc 1--I put the disc in & get a
error that it can't read the disc--program exits--I've reburned the
disc twice with different methods & still get the same error????? where
is a log output for the program??

Has anyone installed Gnome 2.8 yet? I've been following the development
& want to use it instead of 2.6--I crash Nautilus when I move large
numbers of files around--

Dean Loros
autocrosser at macdialup.com
performbdesign at macdialup.com