modprobe.conf review

Kristo SovereignX kristo at ydl.net
Mon Feb 28 09:55:07 MST 2005

Still have no sound with the recent yum update on my ibook 1.2ghz. None
of the pre-installed music programs work.  That's BAD!!!  I can get
system sounds with gnome, yet not KDE.

Without really understanding linux lingo, this is foreign to me.  Is
this file correct?

Thank you
kristo
nano /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 sungem
alias snd-card-0 snd_powermac
install snd-powermac /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-powermac &&
/usr/sbin/$remove snd-powermac { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/m$alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
alias scsi_hostadapter sbp2