Performa 6400 question

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 22:53:10 MST 2005

> If I can, would Linux be able to use something as big as a modern ATI
> rage128 32mb PCI video card?  I understand system bus is only 40mhz,
> but assume videocard is buys most of the time with resizing windows (in
> KDE for example).

Yes, but you would need to ensure its a Macintosh version of the card,
or at the worst, a PC version of the card flashed with the Macintosh
BIOS, or else the machine will not be able to start it.

You might want to try using YellowDog 3.x on that machine rather than
4.x, as 3.x comes with the required tools to boot on Old World PPC
machines.

Cian