Performa 6400 question

Nathan Moore nmoore at physics.umn.edu
Tue Jan 4 07:38:56 MST 2005

Cian,

Can you run KDE or Gnome pleasantly on your 5400?  I tried this
yellowdog thing once before and was disappointed by the unresponsive
graphics.  That was on a 300MHz G3 beige tower w/ 280mb of ram. I'm
assuming that graphics card (something like ATI 4mb Rage 64) and not
the system architecture was the bottle neck and wish that I'd have kept
that machine.

Nathan