A present for you all... GPL Flash Plugin!

Olaf Olson oolson at hadleyconnection.com
Wed Jan 5 21:04:09 MST 2005

Thanks, Mike!

Especially for the about:plugins.

I copied the libflash.so file to the directory you mentioned below. No
change. Finally, I gave up and went the route I was afraid of. I
downloaded the tarball and compiled the library. Of course, the default
location was /usr/local/lib/mozilla/plugins. I deleted the 'reg again,
and restarted firefox. No change. I copied the newly compiled .so from
/usr/local to /usr/lib/firefox-0.10.1/plugins/ deleted the 'reg again
and restarted firefox. about:plugins lists it!!!!!!

Just for grins, I moved it to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and it works the
same there, too. Also, not unexpectedly, the new plugins show in
pluginreg.dat.  I also noticed that my java plugin didn't register in
either the 'reg or in about:plugins. How very odd. It doesn't matter
where I put it, it's a no-show. Maybe if I learn how to compile the java
library, I will find it listed as well. I can only assume this means
that I am losing out on some serious java functionality, although I
don't recall being told I am limited, yet.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, and I am still being barred from sites that don't like my
flash. Don't know what's holding it back, but I'm still hacking. If
someone wouldn't mind checking http://www.vonage.com. It redirects me to
http://www.vonage.com/no_flash/index.php.

Thanks

Olaf