MOL

GDB-B&W-YDL maniacmac at softhome.net
Thu Jan 6 20:50:49 MST 2005

Olaf Olson wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Did you double-click the icon that is on the desktop inside MOL? If
> not, you haven't completed the installation, yet. This sets up
> networking and sound on your Mac OS side, so that it will talk to the
> YDL side. There's no arcane techniques to setting it up, just the
> magic of running the penguin on the Mac OS.
>
> Olaf
>
> GDB-B&W-YDL wrote:
>
>> I recently went through all of the hoops necessary to get mol up and
>> running on YDL v3.0.1.  It seems to work okay, but I have no sound or
>> network functions at all.  I installed the package per the readme
>> file and it said it was successful.  It seems I could never get it
>> working right before the last time I had YDL installed on this
>> computer.  Did I miss something along the way?
>>
>> Just a message from Doug...

Hi Olaf, yes I did install the drivers in both OS 9 and OS X.  It just
amounts to dragging a file to the system folder in OS 9, but a package
has to be installed in X.  Both procedures went as planned with no
errors that I could see.  I use DHCP for my network so I thought it
should set it up automatically.  Is it necessary to manually configure
it with an IP address?  As I said, I never could get it working the last
time I had YDL setup on this machine.  As I recall, sound didn't work
either.

Doug