Best blogging software?

Longman, Bill longman at sharplabs.com
Fri Jan 7 10:36:58 MST 2005

> This question is way, way off topic, but you are the smartest folks I
> know, so I thought I would float it here first:
>
> What are your recommendations for blogging software and
> hosting services?

The folks at Six Apart make Movable Type, what I use for my home blog, and
they also have a service to which you can subscribe. I like MT and there are
lots of addons for it. It's got a nice user interface and it's easy to
upload files, etc. You would run that on your server, wherever that might
be. Mine's sitting under the desk in my office and getting my wife upset
because it's got "too many cords"....

Then, of course, there's the wikis. Too many to mention but they are far
more efficient in several ways. The administrative overhead is a bit less
but the user efficiency is far greater. You edit text on a web site using
your browser. But I know you've gotten your feet nice and wet in that arena,
Clint.

One of the other options I might suggest is a bulletin board/forum. The
ubiquitous phpBB is that way because it's quite good. We run a version of it
here at the Labs. Again, you'd host this yourself, most likely, or you might
be able to find one for hire.

Bill