Network solutions

GDB-B&W-YDL maniacmac at softhome.net
Fri Jan 7 18:24:05 MST 2005

I've been trying to come up with ways to split my email to the various
lists I'm on for several different OS'es and hardware platforms.  I
toyed with using different email services to provide several alias email
addresses to facilitate this, but it's not working out so well.  The
free services are not very dependable and who are you going to complain
to about something that is free!  So now I'm looking at a network
solution where I can run an email server on one central machine and have
the mail which goes to the other various machines on my network
distributed to their proper locations.  The machine I use for my
file/print server (Wintel) would be the logical choice, but I am open to
other possibilities in the Mac or Linux world.  So I would love to hear
from some of you network gurus on how best to accomplish this goal.  To
save those on the list from reading a lot of stuff that doesn't apply to
most people, off-list mail to my address would be most welcome.  TIA

Just a message from Doug...