Network solutions

justinw.5607516 at bloglines.com justinw.5607516 at bloglines.com
Sat Jan 8 10:11:46 MST 2005

If you are also looking for an RSS/Atom aggregator as well, which many many
news sites offer a compatible feed for, you might check out Bloglines if you
haven't yet.

Along with all the standard feeds, you can also setup any
number of "email subscriptions" which will act like an independent feed from
the interface, and will give you it's own address associated with that feed.
 Note my return address.  You can then subscribe to a mailing list with the
email address for that feed, and all email correspondence for that mailing
list will come in there instead of to your inbox.  This is also a handy spam
fighter.. for mailing-list archive spambots, I know my real address is safe
no matter what.  You can also setup dedicated email subscriptions for suspicious
"registration" sites and watch which sites give away your address based on
where your spam starts coming in.

http://www.bloglines.com

--- Yellow
Dog Linux General Discussion List <yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
wrote:
I've been trying to come up with ways to split my email to the various

> lists I'm on for several different OS'es and hardware platforms.  I
> toyed with using different email services to provide several alias email

> addresses to facilitate this, but it's not working out so well.  The

> free services are not very dependable and who are you going to complain

> to about something that is free!  So now I'm looking at a network

solution where I can run an email server on one central machine and have

> the mail which goes to the other various machines on my network
> distributed
to their proper locations.  The machine I use for my
> file/print server
(Wintel) would be the logical choice, but I am open to
> other possibilities
in the Mac or Linux world.  So I would love to hear
> from some of you network
gurus on how best to accomplish this goal.  To
> save those on the list
from reading a lot of stuff that doesn't apply to
> most people, off-list
mail to my address would be most welcome.  TIA

> Just a message from
Doug...