[IMPORTANT] SOUND!!!!

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Sun Jan 9 07:03:11 MST 2005

I must be missing something. I am running the version of KDE that comes
with YDL-4:

        KDE: 3.3.0-1.ydl.1 Redhat
        KMIX: 2.1

When I bring up KMIX I see:

* Output tab
-Green LED
- Vertical  sliders
        -Master slider
        -Bass slider
        -Treble slider
        -PCM slider
        -Beep slider
        -DRC Range slider
-PowerMac Tumbler Left/Right Balance slider [across the the bottom]

* Input tab
-PowerMac Tumbler Left/Right Balance slider [across the the bottom]

* Switches Tab
-Yellow LED's
- Headphone button
- Headphone detection button
- PC Speaker button
- Auto Mute button
- DRC button
-PowerMac Tumbler Left/Right Balance slider [across the the bottom

-Joseph

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 06:56, Geert Janssens wrote:
> System: Mac G3 (beige, "unsupported")
> Kernel: 2.6.9-1.ydl.8smp
>
> Alsa works fine, although configuration is a bit twisted: Before I get
> sound, in KMix I have to
> - activate the red led below Master in the Input tab
> - activate the Mic led (green) in the Switches tab
> - slide the Mic Boost slider way up in the Output tab (for your info,
> this slider only has 3 positions, as opposed to the other sliders)
> And I havent' found a way to save these settings. After each reboot, I
> have to go through the same procedure.
>
> There is also a slider named "Capture" in the Output tab which only has
> one position: way up. It can't be changed.
>

> Geert Jan
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net