Albrecht Dreß e-mails get filtered on the YDL list (was RE: [IMPORTANT] SOUND!!!!)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Jan 13 12:51:11 MST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:22:16 -0800, Longman, Bill wrote:

>> Prior to a TerraSoft upgrade that occurred sometime between
>> 2004-12-11 and
>> 2004-12-13, all such messages in the archive looked like:
>> http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-December/016963.html
>> Evidently, whatever "Internet Mail Service (5.5.2657.72)" is, it
>> also decodes such messages in that incorrect manner to this day. You
>> really shouldn't have to deal with this; you didn't cause the problem.
>
> Which is about the time I noticed Albrecht's messges changed from signed to
> an attachment. Before that, I'd just see his message and the pgp sig. Now,
> it's merely a blank message (except for the YDL list trailer) and an
> attachment.

Are you sure it wasn't between 2004-12-20 and 2004-12-27, when Albrecht
upgraded Balsa from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6?

> My MUA, Outlook, sees it, basically, as you pointed out, Albrecht, in your

Funny, typically when I get mail from an Outlook user, it'll always have
an attachment called "WINMAIL.DAT" because the procedures Microsoft
outlines for being compatible with everybody else plain don't work:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196784