java at ydl 4.0 and yum.conf

criptos at aullox.com criptos at aullox.com
Wed Jan 12 18:46:11 MST 2005

I just upgraded to yellowdog 4.0

I have the java 1.4 version, I placed a java.sh at /etc/profile.d/
who sets JAVA_HOME and PATH...

But I remember, that there is another variable or option that defined the
processor type of ppc...

I´m using a bmp tool for java called jawe, it worked fine for my older
configuration.

As I´m so used that everything is OK with my Ibook and yellowdog linux
instalation, I only make a backup of my data. I forgot to backup all those
little things... Now I´m lost, since jawe no longer runs.

I have 3 ibook g3, the one I was using, on monday nigth, being helped by 2 usrs
at #yellowdog irc channel, my machines freezed, and no loger come... at the
very next day, I went to a Mac official service, and my laptop had a "factory
damage" a recall made by Mac, so... I´m waitting for that laptop.

Of course, sound didn´t work, but at the irc channl they told me what mirrors to
use and what to update at yum.conf, I also lost that changes.

Thanks in advance.

KDE looks great, but sound is not working :(