partition resizing

Andrea situa at email.it
Fri Jan 14 06:38:05 MST 2005

Hello Everybody,
I've just visited YDL site, I've read some tutorial papers on the site,
but there is something I don't really understand: if I have my MacOS X
system running on a ppc (in my case this is a iBook G4) i really CAN'T
RESIZE the only existing partition? I've read that disk partitioning
strictly takes to a complete data loss: in other words, the installer
deletes the partition table and creates a brandly new one.
All others distributions I've used in the past always let me resize a huge
partition to create some space for my Linux installation, WITHOUT
erasing the existing systems.
Any of you has ever had this problem? I would prefer to avoid
erasing, re-installing and re-tune all my MacOS X (it works perfectly, so
why should I change anything??) to add a linux partition.

How can I just resize my existing HFS+ partition?
Are there any (opensource!) tools to make this job? Also a command
line utility would be good....

thanx for your attention,
hope to reiceve soon some news

Andrea Vagliengo

 Sponsor:
 Migliaia di manuali e guide scaricabili su: Office, Webmaster, Internet, Windows e non solo...clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2731&d=14-1