partition resizing

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jan 14 18:27:45 MST 2005

I have had bad experiences with parted on Macs, although I never tried
resizing on a Mac with it, nor have I used Gentoo parted. My bad parted
experiences related to rather strange things it does to the partition map.
However, if you can live with those, you should try Gentoo parted if, and
only if, the HFS+ partition you're messing with was never journaled, AND
follow the parted with a dose of DiskWarrior.