Error all the time

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Sat Jan 15 04:30:16 MST 2005

Ok, I did the two independent searches:

1. bind key 255
This results in 14 hits, of which two refer to moved pages (404 error
message), and none actually mentions "bind key 255", but all mention
"key" or "255" (in case of the TCP one) only.

2. value 3325
This results in 6 hits, and none actually mentions "value 3325", but
only mention "value"

I did review all articles. Although they are full of useful information,
none of the information would help with the original question.

I tend to draw the following conclusion:
The YLD faq's search mechanism behaves differently than you did expect.
Apparently it searches for any word in the seach term, instead of the
expected all words. To search for all words (as would be  more useful in
case of searching for specific error messages), one has to quote the
search term, as I just tested. If I quote your search strings, there are
no hits left (which is correct, since there are no articles dealing with
the problem).

For me, again this conclusion supports the idea of verifying replies.

Finally, I would also like to stress it's not my intention of offending
anyone, and not you Mr. Centeno in particular. You're a very active list
member, and I appreciate that. My reply just comes from my past,
remembering the frustration and discouragement of getting answers that
actually were none. It made me feel stupid for not seeing or
understanding the answer.

Best regards,

Geert Jan