Error all the time

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jan 15 03:46:53 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 04:32, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Googling for 'KDSKBENT: Invalid argument' will result in quite a bit of
> hits.
>
> One of them is a bug report to Fedora Core (which YDL is based upon).
> You could read this.
>
> Appartently, it's a bug, but they haven't been able to track it down
> yet. So you'll have to be patient, or help in the debugging if you can/like.
>
> Owen, you might keep an eye on this one, as it seems to be a tricky one.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Geert Jan
>
> a monkey wrote:
> > I get this error all the time:
> >
> > KDSKBENT: Invalid argument
> > failed to bind key 255 to value 3325
> >
> > What does it mean, and what should I do about it?

Hmmmmm...
Geert what can I say!

How about this.

If one follows the instructions as I gave it.
Which is to do two independent searches on the YDL FAQ website:

1.  bind key 255
2.  value 3325

One not only finds articles, one finds a stunning amount of detailed
information very embedded in the articles (such as command calls, system
response details and more).  If one takes the time to review them.

I did that and thought well the fellow (our fellow monkey; it's ok
monkey you are still the monkey, if you wish) should be able to take
from there.

I did not look up KDSKBENT as monkey's complaint clearly showed it to be
an invalid argument.  My interpretation (which could be wrong) of the
KDSKBENT reference was that it referred to a macro or something like it;
however the next line identified the actual problem itself defining why
that macro (or header) was declared invalid.

I chose to emphasize the search pattern I recommended which, again DOES
WORK, addresses the actual problem or which at least points to what the
actual problem may be within the macro.

Now it may be that my reasoning is still wrong.  I won't know.  I'm not
tracking down this issue any further.  However, as far as I did pursue
the issue, what I came up with does refer to useful references which
should be considered or at least reviewed.  That is why the YDL FAQ is
there...no?