USB Ethernet adapter

Andreas Hucks ahucks at gmx.de
Sun Jan 16 03:36:58 MST 2005

Hi all,

we are currently looking to buy a small box as a router/firewall/VPN
gateway for our small office (4 computers). We have been looking into
miniITX solutions, but the new Mac Mini seems to be the best option for
speed, price, and size. It only lacks a second ethernet port

I'm not new to Linux, but have only used it on x86 systems. I also have
never any USB devices under Linux. So I have a few questions:

- Does anybody know of an USB to ethernet adapter that works under
Linux? I couldn't find one so far from reading tech specs.
- If there is one, will any adapter work as long as it says "Linux
compatible" or are there special requirements for YellowDog?

Any other comments why this might be a good or a bad idea are of course
welcome as well.

Thanks,
Andreas