XFce4 4.2

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 16 20:51:48 MST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:19:39 -0500
Andrew <virgule88 at videotron.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:53:59 -0500
> Andrew <virgule88 at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
> >  All is good but for one (there is always one) option:
> > Composite (transparency) who ask for Xorg-6.8+
>
>  I found two other problems: dependencies.
> Terminal-0.2.2 ask for:
>
> vte-0.11.11+		(we have 0.11.10)
> dbus-glib-0.22+		(we have 0.20-4.1)
>
>  So Terminal-0.2.2 will not build off a 'stock' YDL4 installation.

Ok all. Im writing this from XFce4 4.2 compiled using the graphical installers
with the "Optimized" option set on all possible packages. That is (in build order):

   - xfce4-4.2.0-installer.bin
   - gtk2-xfce-engine-4.2.0-installer.bin
   - xfce-goodies-4.2.0-installer.bin

Of cource, I removed the rpm-installed packages before installing the newest.
That is (in one command):

   ]$ su -c 'rpm -e libxfce4mcs libxfce4mcs-devel xfce-mcs-manager libxfcegui4-devel libxfce4util xfce4-panel libxfce4util-devel xfce-utils libxfcegui4 xfce-mcs-plugins xfce-mcs-manager-devel xfdesktop xffm xffm-icons xfwm4-themes'

 hmm.. what to say... I can't type fast enough to keep up with my computer.
Its blazing fast in here! It feel as fast as, say, Windows 3.11 on a quad Xeon.
Im kidding... not THAT much but still *very* impressive. I think I'll donate to
this team. What a nice job they've done. I get all I need and I get it fast :)

 XFce4 did to my desktop what Opera did to my browsing.